The name of this organization shall be the Athens State University Young Alumni
Advisory Council (YAAC).
The YAAC mission is to:
- Advise the Alumni Association and University on programs and services for young alums and transitioning/current students;
- Create and sustain meaningful connections with graduates and transitioning/current students;
- Emphasize the importance of supporting our Alma Mater with time, expertise, connections and philanthropy;
- Engage graduates with the Alumni and University calendar of events while involving volunteers in those events;
- Encourage contact information, career and milestone updates;
- Collaborate for career networking, continued education opportunities and easing student to graduate transitions;
- Solicit and involve new Alumni memberships;
- Suggest and contribute to The Columns and Enewsletter;
- Serve as unofficial recruiters and convey the mission of Athens State University.
Council membership is open to graduates of the last two decades of Athens
State University and its predecessors who hold a current Alumni membership.
The business and affairs of the YAAC shall be managed by an Office of Alumni
Affairs staff member and eleven council members (President, President Elect,
Past President and eight members at large). The Director of Alumni Affairs
shall serve as an ex-officio member along with a representative from the
Athenians, Alumni Board of Directors and a member of the Alumni Executive
The Young Alumni Advisory Council shall have regular quarterly meetings. Any
council member missing two or more consecutive meetings will be deemed to
Council Members shall be elected by the Alumni Board and chosen from
Members shall serve a three year term or the remainder of a previous council
Vacancies shall be filled by a majority vote of the Executive Committee.
Each member will make an annual contribution of $25 to support the operations
of the YAAC.
Officers and Duties
President- Conduct YAAC meetings and submit a quarterly written report to the Executive Committee followed by the Alumni Board of
President Elect- Perform duties of the President in their absence.
Past President- Perform duties of the President and President Elect in their absence.